Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok heres the scoop, I have 3 pcs I want to network 2 windows (xp and 9 and also my Suse 9.1 pro. I also run off a router. The ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Networking with Windoze

ok heres the scoop, I have 3 pcs I want to network 2 windows (xp and 9 and also my Suse 9.1 pro. I also run off a router.

The Suse sees the xp machine but not the other way around.

Where is the best place to start? With the router or the machines themselves.

Thanks

have you setup the samba server in yast on the SuSE machine? I would start there if you not already done it. Also setup the samba client if you haven't already, also in YaST. (under the Network Services) tab.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!
    using /etc/smb.conf (or SWAT? (http://127.0.0.1:901) don't use both. most irritating, is whether or not the samba machine is to function in a workgroup, or function as an NT log-on server (then, passwords need to be set on win 9x machine to be sent in the clear for authentication) i searched +linux +windows +samba and found an excellent how to, but no matter what help you find, the Win '9x box will try to cause some problems. the router doesn't care what it's passing.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close