Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does the kernel with 9.1 Pro have any issues with installing the Nvidia drivers? I know that FC2 ( Fedora Core 2 ) does. I know that Mandrake 10OE does ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Suse 9.1 and Nvidia drivers

Does the kernel with 9.1 Pro have any issues with installing the Nvidia drivers?

I know that FC2 ( Fedora Core 2 ) does.
    I know that Mandrake 10OE does not.

So what about Suse 9.1Pro. I just ordered it, and hope that I wont be disappointed.

Linux Engineer
    Not aware of any disto that has probs with the nvidia drivers.

Anyways, with Suse you just click on the green button on the right of the toolbar and there'll be an option for installing the drivers. But since it's Pro they may be included already.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

I have SuSE 9.0 pro, and have no problems with the Nvidia driver, so i can't see why they would take out the compatibility with it in 9.1. Should work fine, and you should be satisfied with it.

Edit:
    I now have SuSE 9.1 pro, and the NVidia driver works sweetly. althought the only extra it gave me was the 3d aceleration as my screen was running at 1280x1024 without it!!
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    3D drivers for Nvidea must be obtained from the manufacturer per SuSE Linux v9.1 documentation, however update download from SuSE Atlanta GA. server provided drivers for my Nvidea based cards.