Find the answer to your Linux question:
I got 6 hard drives total in my system. All being NTFS partitions except one which is FAT32. I have tried to assign them all to mount to folders under ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mounting ntfs partitions

I got 6 hard drives total in my system. All being NTFS partitions except one which is FAT32. I have tried to assign them all to mount to folders under /windows/C; /windows/D etc... The only drive that seems to mount automatically is my one FAT32 drive. I can mount all the other drives at the console as root, but its a pain because I cant access the drives as a normal user when there mounted as root.

Can someone help me automount my ntfs partitions at startup and all a normal user to mount the hard drives?

Linux Newbie

Re: Mounting ntfs partitions

Quote Originally Posted by Opticon
    I got 6 hard drives total in my system. All being NTFS partitions except one which is FAT32. I have tried to assign them all to mount to folders under /windows/C; /windows/D etc... The only drive that seems to mount automatically is my one FAT32 drive. I can mount all the other drives at the console as root, but its a pain because I cant access the drives as a normal user when there mounted as root.

Can someone help me automount my ntfs partitions at startup and all a normal user to mount the hard drives?
    what i've done before is get the root console up, mount the partition manually using mount.... and then once its done type MOUNT to see the mounted partitions, look for the NTFS one and type the whole line into the fstab, and that should work