Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi guys!i've recently installed suse linux 9.1 on my pc.it looked fine ,everything was working perfect but when i tried to run xmms to listen to my music i saw ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

sound problem

hi guys!i've recently installed suse linux 9.1 on my pc.it looked fine ,everything was working perfect but when i tried to run xmms to listen to my music i saw that there was no sound.i started yast2 to know if my sound cards are configured properly.the system had already recognised them(i have an audigy and a snd card on board) and they were alrady running.i tried to see if there was a conflict or was something mute (master etc) and nothing was wrong.what should i do?
    any help appreciated...

Just Joined!
    What type of sound card do you have.

Linux Engineer
    What were you trying to play with xmms? Could be mp3 support is not installed by default. Have you tried a cd with KSCD or xmms with an ogg file?
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris H
    What were you trying to play with xmms? Could be mp3 support is not installed by default. Have you tried a cd with KSCD or xmms with an ogg file?
    mp3 support is installed by default on suse 9.1, must be the sound card

Just Joined!
    i had same problem. i opened gmix and clicked on "advanced" tab, saw radio button lit up for "analog mix" and clicked on it, leaving it dark, in yast, i set all volumes for soundcard at about 77. been working great, 'since.