Find the answer to your Linux question:
im new to linux and i need all the help i can get so thanks in advance.so here is my problem i have a netmod isdn installed which suse 9.1 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problem with internet connection

im new to linux and i need all the help i can get so thanks in advance.so here is my problem i have a netmod isdn installed which suse 9.1 seems to recognize fine when i try to query the modem but when i try to connect it just freezes to initialiazing modem and i put to the init string 1 atb40 which i think is for th isdn 64 k.i would realy appreciate any help guys.

Linux Engineer
    do you have your moden installed using rs-232 or have u used the usb cable?in case you use rs232 (com1) you should do the following:
    press alt+f2 and put kppp on the dialog box.then go to device tab.your modem should be /dev/ttys0 or /dev/modem.flow control :none, line termination: cr and connection speed set to 115200.
    then you should go to edit modem commands and make the following changes from top:
    1.)50
    2)ATZ
    3)atb40
    4)50
    5)70
    6)ok
    7)ATX3
    ATDT
    9)CONNECT
    10)BUSY
    11)NO CARRIER
    12)NO DIALTONE
    13)ATH (remove +++)
    14)OK
    15)ATA
    16)RING
    17)CONNECT
    1+++
    19)OK
    20)50
    21)remove all values from volume off/low/high
    then press ok
    your moden should be working by now!
    Linux For Ever!

Linux Engineer
    in case you have your modem usb installed go to the official website and download the manual.it says what you should do in case of compiling the kernel(load some modules etc).just click the link.....

http://netmod.intracom.gr/installati...all-guides.htm
    Linux For Ever!