Find the answer to your Linux question:
I try to install VmWaorkstation but I have varius problems: I run the vmware-configure.pl and after of read the license show me the program this: -None of VMware Workstation's pre-built ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

VmWorstation Problems

I try to install VmWaorkstation but I have varius problems:
    I run the vmware-configure.pl and after of read the license show me the program this:

-None of VMware Workstation's pre-built vmmon modules is suitable for your running kernel. Do you want this program to try to build the vmmon module for your system (you need to have a C compiler installed on your system)? [yes]

and I say "yes" and show me this:

-Setup is unable to find the "make" program on your machine. Please make sure it
    is installed. Do you want to specify the location of this program by hand?
    [yes]

and I say "yes" but I don't know that is this, and I try to find it but I cannot and the software show me this:

-What is the location of the "make" program on your machine?
    The answer "" is invalid. It must be the complete name of a binary file.

somebody help me please!!!

Linux User
    /usr/bin/make

Just Joined!
    The default SuSE installation doesn't include GNU make, gcc, or the kernel source. You'll need all three to run vmware-config.pl.

You'll also need to run 'make cloneconfig' and probably 'make modules' at the root of the source tree before vmware-config.pl will complete successfully (going from memory here; don't have access to the SuSE host I did this on at the moment).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    ok, Where I obtain this: GNU make, gcc, or the kernel source and 'make cloneconfig' 'make modules', I have Suse Linux 9.1 Profesional and that I should make. I'll appreciate all help that you provide me

Thanks

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by sergio_sg
    ok, Where I obtain this: GNU make, gcc, or the kernel source and 'make cloneconfig' 'make modules', I have Suse Linux 9.1 Profesional and that I should make. I'll appreciate all help that you provide me

Thanks
    YaST is your friend. Install make and gcc from the source media. The kernel source will have to be downloaded from SuSE. Finally, 'make cloneconfig' and 'make modules' are commands you'll run at the root of the source tree once it's installed.

Just Joined!
    I'm sorry I don't have the correct version of Vmworkstattion, Thank you this software run fine