Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a program on wine that needs a "modified" line of script to run correctly. The line installed by wine in the Menu creates a problem. So I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Menu problem

I have a program on wine that needs a "modified" line of script to run correctly. The line installed by wine in the Menu creates a problem. So I have been opening it using the Terminal.

To make life easier I opened the Menu editor (would it be Alacarte? Doesn't say) and changed the line of code to the new one.

But when I open the program from the Menu, it uses the line that I replaced, and not the new one... the program still opens the wrong way.

That lead me to think that there must be more than file/source that Ubuntu uses to open a program, and that changing the Menu is not enough.

So there is the question: If changing the Menu is not enough, what could I do?

Thanks,

Josť

oz
    forum.guy
    Not sure if this would help, or not, but take a look in /usr/share/applications at the .desktop files and see if an edit there might help any.
    oz

Linux Newbie
    I hunted through them and checked out one that seemed to have something to do with my situation, but nothing.
    Thanks anyway.