Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everybody, I do not understand nothing about Linux and I resolved learn and intall IT on my computer. I'm trying to install Ubuntu 7.10, and after the cd boot ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile cannot display this video mode, optimum resolution 1280x1024 60 HZ

Hi everybody, I do not understand nothing about Linux and I resolved learn and intall IT on my computer.
    I'm trying to install Ubuntu 7.10, and after the cd boot I just see a yellow bar and after that a black screen. On the black screen says: CANNOT DISPLAY THIS VIDEO MODE, OPTMUM RESOLUTION 1280X1024 60HZ
    My computer is a pentium 4 3.6 GHZ HT, Nvidia G Force 6800 256 MB, 3 GB of RAM, 1 TB hard drives.
    Please, see what you can do for me, and thank you for your help.

Check your Monitor's Manual for supported HorizSync and VertRefresh rates, and Resolutions.
    Highlight Ubuntu title in GRUB Menu and press 'a'. Type single and hit Enter key. Ubuntu will boot up in Single User mode and drop you at command line prompt.
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    Accept default options and enter supported HorizSync/VertRefresh rates when prompted. Select supported resolutions from the list.
    Execute this
    Code:
    sudo shutdown -r now
    Machine will reboot. Check if it works.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

I'm installing in another machine

Hi Devils _ Casper, thank you very much for your help. I have another computer, with a CRT monitor and I 'm installing Ubuntu on It, that is taking forever to install, but is installing.
    once again thank you for all.

Glad to help you. Do let me know how it goes.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First