Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello, I've been using Ubuntu for a little while now, and I am familiar with a majority of the basic commands. I have a Creative Zen Vision: Micro, and I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

MTP-tools help

hello,
    I've been using Ubuntu for a little while now, and I am familiar with a majority of the basic commands. I have a Creative Zen Vision: Micro, and I use mtp-tools to put music from my computer onto my player, using "mtp-sendtr [filepath] [folder id in player]", which I get using "mtp-folders"

The other day I was trying to take a video file off of my player and onto my hard drive, and I tried using "mtp-getfile". however, I don't know the file ID of the specific file I am trying to get, as the output of "mtp-folders" only shows directories (natch) and I don't want to scroll through the 3000+ file IDs/information from the "mtp-files" command.

Does anyone know how I would get the file IDs of files stored in my payer in a directory whose folder ID i know?
    any help would be much appreciated
    --Veer

EDIT: sorry, i just realized I didn't post this in the Ubuntu section....does anyone know of any way I can delete this thread? I'll then repost it in Ubuntu

oz
    forum.guy
    EDIT: sorry, i just realized I didn't post this in the Ubuntu section....does anyone know of any way I can delete this thread? I'll then repost it in Ubuntu.
    No need to repost, I moved it for you...
    oz