Find the answer to your Linux question:
New to Linux (today). I have a home network, 3 computers, all running Windows XP, 1) Desktop wired, (the host), Using a Trendnet TEW-632BRP router, 2) a laptop, wireless with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Internet connection

New to Linux (today). I have a home network, 3 computers, all running Windows XP, 1) Desktop wired, (the host), Using a Trendnet TEW-632BRP router, 2) a laptop, wireless with an internal wireless card, 3) an older desktop PC 600mhz, 256k memory, 10 gig hard drive, using a Trendnet 424UB USB wireless adapter. The system was up and running with Windows XP. I did a fresh install on #3 computer of Ubuntu 6.10 from a disc someone gave me (not a dual boot). Is there a way I can use the 424UB on #3 computer and get #3 on the network. If so, is there a link that will walk me thru this? (If not, do I need a different distro of Linux?)

Another way of asking this question, how can I add a PC running a Linux distro to the system I have. Thanks, cold in Kansas.

There is a thread on ubuntuforums about this dongle have a look here and scroll down to kboykowboy's post of November 3rd
    free/libre/open software for the people by the people
    Linux user #185360