Find the answer to your Linux question:
All, I want to install the lates t version of Netbeans (6.0) but want to uninstall the previous version..The uninstall directions say : To uninstall NetBeans IDE: 1. Navigate to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do I uninstall Netbeans 5.51 from Ubuntu?

All,
    I want to install the lates t version of Netbeans (6.0) but want to uninstall the previous version..The uninstall directions say :

To uninstall NetBeans IDE:

1. Navigate to the _uninst subdirectory of your NetBeans IDE installation directory.

2. Type ./uninstaller to run the InstallShield uninstaller.

That's fine, but where is the Netbeans IDE installation directory? I do a Ls -a and don't see it anywhere..confused..

Any help is appreciated..

Mark Lytle
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    All,
    I want to install the lates t version of Netbeans (6.0) but want to uninstall the previous version..The uninstall directions say :

To uninstall NetBeans IDE:

1. Navigate to the _uninst subdirectory of your NetBeans IDE installation directory.

2. Type ./uninstaller to run the InstallShield uninstaller.

That's fine, but where is the Netbeans IDE installation directory? I do a Ls -a and don't see it anywhere..confused..

Any help is appreciated..

Mark Lytle
    Houston
    You should do package install & uninstall using Synaptic package manager when you can. You will need to add online repositories to software sources to install the latest version ... currently listed as 5.5.

Just Joined!
    Hi Jonathan183,
    Yes, I do try to do that, but I have all of the repositories added as far as I know, and I can't find netbeans (any version) on the Synaptic package manager.. so i had to install it by command line a couple of months ago, now I can't figure out how to uninstall...

Hi Jonathan183,
    Yes, I do try to do that, but I have all of the repositories added as far as I know, and I can't find netbeans (any version) on the Synaptic package manager.. so i had to install it by command line a couple of months ago, now I can't figure out how to uninstall...
    You should be able to find it in the repositories ... you might get away with installing from Synaptic the latest version ... if you put netbean in the search you should get 9 packages listed ... starting with netbeans5.5. Netbeans is listed in Development (multiverse).

Just Joined!
    I have all of the multiverse links checked, although on Ubuntu 6.06, what I see doesn't say developement on it..It says things like UBUNTU 6.06 backports, binary and source, just these three are labelled multiverse..they are all checked..
    Regards,
    Mark Lytle

I have all of the multiverse links checked, although on Ubuntu 6.06
    ... its in version 7.10 online repositories (don't think it was on the install CD though).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan183 View Post
    ... its in version 7.10 online repositories (don't think it was on the install CD though).
    Looking at the installed version there are files/folders in ...

Code:
    /.
    /usr/share/doc/netbeans5.5
    /usr/share/netbeans/5.5/ .... including ...
    /usr/share/netbeans/5.5/ide7
    /usr/share/netbeans/5.5/man
    /usr/share/doc-base
    /usr/bin
    /etc/netbeans5.5
    Hope that helps

Edit: Oops ... just re-read posts ... version 5.5 in repository :o sorry mlytle !

Just Joined!
    I found it...the uninstaller was in the /opt directory and i had to type sudo ./_uninstal_ and it worked...