Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello folks! I am not able to get any audio when I try to listen to streaming/internet radio,files,or CDs in Amorak,Banshee,Rhythm Box,etc.I can only listen to cds in KsCD and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Audio issues in Kubuntu 6.06

Hello folks!

I am not able to get any audio when I try to listen to streaming/internet radio,files,or CDs in Amorak,Banshee,Rhythm Box,etc.I can only listen to cds in KsCD and XMMS (files as well).The other apps see the CDs,files,and even my i-Pod files,but when I click on them to play I get nothing.The CDs even get artwork and song id!I am running Kubuntu 6.06 (latest upgrade) and all system sounds are working.
    Any ideas?
    I had been using Freespire previously and was able to do all of the above eventually (it just worked after I booted up once....),but I prefer Kubuntu.

I'll ask what I asked before: do you notice only certain types of files that aren't playing? Just MP3s for instance? You may need to let Kubuntu download the proper codecs for playback. Generally if you just try to open an MP3 or WMV by double-clicking on it Ubuntu will fire up the package manager and offer you a package to install. I'm not sure if this works the same in Kubuntu.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Yes....MP3s but also plain CDs.
    I did install the proper codecs.
    I will try to double click on the file and see how that goes.
    I'll let ya know!