Find the answer to your Linux question:
I īm just getting started on Ubuntu, poking around to see what can or cannot be done. I managed to mount an iso file as the CD is required by ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to mount .iso of Game CD?

I īm just getting started on Ubuntu, poking around to see what can or cannot be done.

I managed to mount an iso file as the CD is required by a game, but the game still complains the cd is not in. Works fine with windows XP. Further more, it seems that Ubuntu does not recognise the CD/DVD readers as a drive. Anyone knows the reason behind it?

Just Joined!
    does your ubuntu read other cdrom's? If not, then the linux distro hasnt recognized your drive, which is very rare i should add.

try mount /dev/cdrom and run a mount command to see wehre your drive has being mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto View Post
    I managed to mount an iso file as the CD is required by a game, but the game still complains the cd is not in. Works fine with windows XP. Further more, it seems that Ubuntu does not recognise the CD/DVD readers as a drive. Anyone knows the reason behind it?
    What game is this, and what method are you using to run it? Linux cannot play games designed for Microsoft Windows without some sort of go-between software such as WINE or Cedega.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I'm running Melty Blood Act Cadenza. I've installed it using WINE and mounted the original ISO image using <mount -t iso9660 -0 loop mbac.iso /desktop/new> as a super user. I know the image is mounted as the folder contains the image contents. I have also used WINE to accept the folder as a drive.

Thanks for your time guys.

It's possible that the game itself has some sort of copy protection or other encryption scheme on it that WINE can't handle, therefore the game doesn't think the disc is mounted.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants