Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone I am planing to buy a multifunction MP600, and to use it with my pc under ubuntu, and 2 computers under vista on the network. Will this be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Multifunction Canon MP600

Hi everyone
    I am planing to buy a multifunction MP600, and to use it with my pc under ubuntu, and 2 computers under vista on the network. Will this be possible ?
    Also, I found different threads talking about the MP600 but there are quiet old (2007). Do anyone know if I can find the drivers for Ubuntu ?
    Finally, I choose MP600 and not the MP600R because I can't see other difference than the wireless adapter and some 60 dollars in price.

I have Mp600, i get it working in my Linux box, so it should work for you.

you can share the printer using samba to be accessible for the other operating system, i know few things about samba, since i don't have windows box to try it, but i know a lot of people using it with XP, i'm not sure about Vista.
    Linux is not only an operating system, it's a philosophy.
    Archost.

Just Joined!
    thank you for the reply aliov
    I have two last questions: do you have any printing problems (borders, incorrect photo sizes,...) and u surely arent using canon's softwares true? what do u use ?
    Oh, and what about Geneva,Beirut? I'm from beirouth!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Yes i don't have any problem, i use cups. i don't have any problem with this printer. please let me know if you need any informations.
    Linux is not only an operating system, it's a philosophy.
    Archost.