Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey i just got the ubuntu linux installed i migrated from windows xp i need help badly i know you can install limewire on this system and that all i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Completely new to this HELP ME!!!

Hey i just got the ubuntu linux installed i migrated from windows xp i need help badly i know you can install limewire on this system and that all i need to know right now because when i try to install the packages it tell me only one software management program is allowed at a time now i must be blind because i have nothing open AT ALL acualy i just rebooted my computer so if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    what version of Ubuntu did you install? The basic process is to install java and then download the Limewire Debian/Ubuntu package from the limewire site and install it. If you let us know which version of Ubuntu you are running, we can provide more accurate details.

When you first reboot, ubuntu might be doing a check for updates, which is why it's complaining that you already have a package manager open. Give it a few minutes (or an hour!) and try again.

EDIT: It's always best to install things with the package management system. It will make things easier in the future.

Also, not to be a dick, but a bit of punctuation would have made your post a lot easier to read. When some people see a post with no punctuation at all, they might just ignore it since they can't be bothered trying to read it.
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode