Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all ! I have just received the cd of Kubuntu 7.10. I tried to format my pendrive of 2gb with its utility named "QTPARTED". First I right clicked the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Formatting PenDrive in Kubuntu 7.10

Hi all ! I have just received the cd of Kubuntu 7.10. I tried to format my pendrive of 2gb with its utility named "QTPARTED". First I right clicked the drive and selected the option to delete table and afterwards I selected the option create and selected the filesystem FAT32. It showed the dialog of progress which was blank. I waited for atleast 15 mins but there was no response from the program. So I terminated the program. When I ejected and re-inserted the pendrive,It is not recognising the pendrive. whenever I try to mount it, it says can not open the device "/dev/sdc1". Now it is not even working in WINDOWS XP service pack 2. When I insert the pendrive , windows recognise the drive and shows the icon in explorer,but when I double click the icon to open it, message comes,"please insert the disk K:".

Now what can be done to make pendrive workable again ?
    Kindly help.
    Thanks......

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    If Windows recognises the drive, try formatting it first by right clicking on the icon representing the drive and choose the format option.

Just Joined!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by daark.child View Post
    If Windows recognises the drive, try formatting it first by right clicking on the icon representing the drive and choose the format option.
    WIndows is just showing the icon as Removable disk whenever I double click on it it gives the message to Insert the disk and whenever I select the option of format, it gives the message that windows is unable to format the disk.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    It could be that terminating the formatting process damaged your disk. When you run Linux, plugin the device and run the command "dmesg", is your device listed?