Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi: I currently have a dual boot system with eubuntu 6.10 and windows XP. I will be receiving Ubuntu 8.04 shortly and I would like to install it from windows. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Remove Eubuntu

Hi: I currently have a dual boot system with eubuntu 6.10 and windows XP. I will be receiving Ubuntu 8.04 shortly and I would like to install it from windows. Recently I removed ebuntu 6.10 by using Acronis Disk Manager and deleting the ebuntu partion. However when I rebooted I could not get to XP. It was looking for a grub file (I think this was the name of the file). Anyway I reloaded 6.10 and I am back to were I started. Can someone tell me how I can remove ebuntu 6.10 and still boot to XP. I would be very grateful for any help given. Thanks.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

You can use the SuperGRUB LiveCD to remove GRUB from the MBR, or use it to restore the Windows bootloader:

Super Grub Disk Official Webpage
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Oh, and to actually remove Eubuntu, you can either install your new distro right over it using the same partitions, or simply delete the partitions. The PartedMagic LiveCD is a free and very easy to use tool that's good for working with Linux and Windows partitions.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Most Grateful

To Everyone: Thank you very much for the information.