Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone i know i've been a bother but i'm starting to love this linux i have ubuntu 7.10 and for some reason both in add/remove and synaptic i can't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation K3b Not Unpacking for me

Hey everyone i know i've been a bother but i'm starting to love this linux i have ubuntu 7.10 and for some reason both in add/remove and synaptic i can't unpack the files? it just sits at 1 of 15 pgks and after a while i get a error any idea if you need the error i'll post
    also im downloading a movie on the internet could that be why maybe? no idea?

Just Joined!

Smile

This might be just what you need:

Go to System > Administration > Software Sources

and in the window that appears, there should be a box that says "Download from:" with a drop-down menu beside it. In the drop-down menu select "Other..." and then click the button to 'Select Best Server,' or simply pick one near to you.

Because of the new release the servers may be getting slammed -- picking a different server should fix the problem so that you can download the packages you were trying to get.

Hey everyone i know i've been a bother but i'm starting to love this linux i have ubuntu 7.10 and for some reason both in add/remove and synaptic i can't unpack the files? it just sits at 1 of 15 pgks and after a while i get a error any idea if you need the error i'll post
    also im downloading a movie on the internet could that be why maybe? no idea?
    Open Terminal/Konsole and execute this
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Post output here.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First