Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I recently installed Ubuntu 8.04 on my computer (installed inside MS Windows). There are quite a few games that are available on SuSE software repositories but not available in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

game repositories for Ubuntu?

Hi,

I recently installed Ubuntu 8.04 on my computer (installed inside MS Windows). There are quite a few games that are available on SuSE software repositories but not available in Ubuntu, such as Bos Wars. Is there any repositories for Ubuntu that has these additional linux games?

Thanks!

phsieh2005

Go to "Software Sources" in your System menu and make sure "universe" and "multiverse" repositories are checked. That should give you a significant increase in available software.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Newbie
    have a look in the add/remove tool it will give you the option of enabling non free

Linux Newbie

game repositories for Ubuntu?

Thanks guys!

But, I have already had all repositories in Software Sources checked. Compared to OpenSUSE, the number of games is significantly less in Ubuntu. I also still do not see Bos Wars in Add/remove. So, I am wondering whether there are more repositories that I have to "manually" add into the Software Source section.

phsieh2005