Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to Linux and all its distributions and I'm looking for some help. I've recently installed Ubuntu using the Wubi installer and I've met with more ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Help setting up Networking and Internet Access...

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to Linux and all its distributions and I'm looking for some help. I've recently installed Ubuntu using the Wubi installer and I've met with more than a few problems. They all lead to the same place, the internet. I haven't been able to set up internet access in Ubuntu, thus I have not been able to update, get drivers, customize or set up the internet (redundant isn't it?). Apparently my problem is that my wireless card isn't recognized by Ubuntu, but I can't download the driver. I've tried NDISwrapper, downloading the drivers through Windows and all to no avail. Does anyone know how to set up the Networking in Ubuntu!?

Linux Enthusiast
    Can you tell us what kind of network card you are using? Also if you are using WPA or some other kind of connection encryption.

It would also be useful if you could give us some idea of what is working, if anything.

From a command prompt, run these commands

Code:
    ifconfig -a
    route -n
    ping www.google.com
    You will have to press Control and C to stop the ping once it starts giving some kind of answer. Copy and paste them here and it will show us how things are set up just now and give us an idea of what needs doing next.

Let us know how you get on,

Chris...
    To be good, you must first be bad. "Newbie" is a rank, not a slight.