Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I just installed Ubuntu, and then I surfed to my web site with Firefox and was dismayed to discover that my background images on my web pages do not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

web page background

Hello,

I just installed Ubuntu, and then I surfed to my web site with Firefox and was dismayed to discover that my background images on my web pages do not show in this browser.

Could someone that knows web authoring have a look at my pages and see if they can figure out why the background images don't show to Ubuntu users?

Here is a link to my site:

Ray's Links Home

The background images show just fine in IE and Firefox under Windows XP, just not showing in the Ubuntu version of Firefox.

Thanks for any help you can be.

Later, Ray Parrish

Just Joined!
    WHat program did you use to make this page? Do you have a screenshot of what it should look like?

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Try putting single quotes around the background image url
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by rayparrish View Post
    Hello,

I just installed Ubuntu, and then I surfed to my web site with Firefox and was dismayed to discover that my background images on my web pages do not show in this browser.

Could someone that knows web authoring have a look at my pages and see if they can figure out why the background images don't show to Ubuntu users?

Here is a link to my site:

Ray's Links Home

The background images show just fine in IE and Firefox under Windows XP, just not showing in the Ubuntu version of Firefox.

Thanks for any help you can be.

Later, Ray Parrish
    Hello again,

For most of my web page editing I use Seamonkeys Composer.

I don't have a screenshot of the page, but it shows as blank white under Ubuntus Firefox, and the page should have a background image of a world map.

Later, Ray Parrish

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Debian Linux Geek View Post
    WHat program did you use to make this page? Do you have a screenshot of what it should look like?
    Hello again,

I write my web pages in Seamonkeys Composer for the most part.

I don't have a screenshot, but the page is supposed to have the image of a world map as a background, instead it shows as blank white in Ubuntus Firefox.

Later, Ray Parrish

Just Joined!
    Hello again,

Just to update this thread with a problem solved ending. I finally figured out why my pages didn't show the background image. It turns out the image *was* showing but was so washed out in Ubuntu's firefox browser that it looked like a blank white background.

I edited the file with an image editor and brought some color out in the image and now the background shows just fine.

Later, Ray Parrish