Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have ubuntu installed in my computer, and I want to install boost and quantlib in it. What I did was to create in my home directory a subdirectory called ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Help in installing software (boost and quantlib)

I have ubuntu installed in my computer, and I want to install boost and quantlib in it. What I did was to create in my home directory a subdirectory called Boost and extracted the files I download from boost.org to there. Similar thing I did for quantlib. That is, I created a
    directory (in my home directory) called Quantlib, downloaded the files from quantlib.org and
    extracted them in my Quantlib directory. For both, Boost and Quantlib, I went to the subdirectory that had the Makefile file and typed ./configure and make. Things are not working.
    For the Boost some problems were found (the final sentence was "Not all boost libraries built properly " and for Quantlib I get the error "boost development files not found".
    I suspect that these problems are due to the fact that I extracted the files in subdirectories that I created not where they are supposed to be. HOWEVER, I DO NOT KNOW WHERE I AM TO SUPPOSE TO EXTRACT THOSE FILES. Help!!!!

Could you post a few more error messages thrown by ./configure?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

that problem has been solved. Thanks anyway.

After doing a long investigation on the web, I found out that I should type

./configure --with-boost-include=/home/maria/Boost/boost_1_35_0 --with-boost-lib=/home/maria/Boost/boost_1_35_0/libs

That worked. I have problems now in the compilation of programs using quantlib (this is another problem,though), but I am going to try to do some more investigation before posting a question in the forum. THANKS.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close