Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I agree with Jonathan183 ! Thats a perfect way to setup dual boot in a machine having two or more Harddisks. Both OSes will be independent of each other and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I agree with Jonathan183 ! Thats a perfect way to setup dual boot in a machine having two or more Harddisks. Both OSes will be independent of each other and if anything goes wrong with one, other OS will boot up without any problem.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    i have vista on a 250gb SATA drive, and just put OpenSUSE on a 160gb SATA drive and now i cannot boot between the two unless i disconnect the one im not trying to boot up...

i followed instructions i was given on here (in ubuntu forum) as to how to dual boot this way but i guess i fudged something

anyways thats not the only problem....i cant figure out how to get the adobe flash player for Firefox to install and work correctly....YaST says its installed but that apparently doesnt mean anything because it still wont play videos on youtube....

gah im freekin frustrated...prolly go back to Ubuntu, or maybe try Mandriva...but i need to know how to get FF Flash Player Plugin to work regardless...

anyways thats not the only problem....i cant figure out how to get the adobe flash player for Firefox to install and work correctly....YaST says its installed but that apparently doesnt mean anything because it still wont play videos on youtube....
    Switch connectors of both disks and set Linux disk as First Boot Device in BIOS. Execute this in Terminal :
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    Post output here.
    gah im freekin frustrated...prolly go back to Ubuntu, or maybe try Mandriva...but i need to know how to get FF Flash Player Plugin to work regardless...
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    command not found....after it asked for my root password

the sudo apt-get update command was also unrecognized....think im noticing a pattern here

oh and in that other topic where i was warned i mentioned im no OpenSUSE right now....that makes a difference in the commands that are accessible?

and i downloaded the linux plugin for FF earlier to no avail...

Linux Guru
    If you are working in Opensuse, just use 'su', enter your password instead of sudo. sudo apt-update is for Debian based and won't work in Opensuse, use Yast instead. Was the flash-player plugin already installed? Did you install it? Did you install from Opensuse repositories or the Adobe website? Which version (rpm, tar,) did you install? Where did you install it? /usr/lib/mozilla...??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2