Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am currently dual booting with XP but I will be up?grading to vista. Will this affect the bootloader? if so,could someone assist with information on the possible process PLEASE. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dual boot xp will be up?grading to vista help!

I am currently dual booting with XP but I will be up?grading to vista. Will this affect the bootloader? if so,could someone assist with information on the possible process PLEASE.
    I am using Ubuntu 8.04

Thank you in advance

cheers
    hairy

Linux Guru
    I did something like you are gonna do when I upgraded from Windows 2000 Pro to Xp with Ubuntu already installed. When you upgrade just boot into windows on the Grub menu and load Windows normally. Insert upgrade CD and open it in Windows. Go through with the install and when you reboot you'll probably see XP still listed on the Grub Menu. Boot into XP and Vista will be what will open. On my upgrade from 2000 to Xp my Grub menu still shows Windows 2000 but the O/S is XP. I think Grub doesn't automatically change the name of Windows in the Menu and it don"t make no difference what Grub calls it,it is still Windows and Vista is what will be running. And the install didn't effect my Ubuntu install in any way.

Just Joined!
    Thank you

cheers
    hairy

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close