Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay, I admit...I'm a n00b! Sort of. I have done a great deal of UNIX admin in the past but I am in an effort to convert to Ubuntu to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ubuntu email for a n00b

Okay, I admit...I'm a n00b! Sort of. I have done a great deal of UNIX admin in the past but I am in an effort to convert to Ubuntu to completely avoid the evils of Vista! I'd like to have an email utility that allows me to import not only contact information from Office 2007, but the inbox as well. Perhaps this doesn't exist and if so, okay! I'm a n00b! Any advice is appreciated!

Tone

Gnome's Evolution is what you're looking for. I'm pretty sure you just have to export everything from Outlook as csv files then import them right into Evolution.

Also Thunderbird by the Firefox boys would also do it. Importing Outlook Express Emails Into Thunderbird And Evolution | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

Hope that helps

Just Joined!

Thanks!

Thanks a ton! I've actually already downloaded Evolution. I just wasn't sure that it would import that information. So, I guess it will not bring that data in from .pst files, no?

I'm not 100% sure. I don't have a windows machine to test with right now. I've try'd google'en but that give mixed answers. Maybe someone else can give a definite answer.

Just Joined!

Preesh!

Thanks again. Actually, I have toyed around with a few options to this point. My main focus, as I mentioned previously, is to escape the MS clutches!

(BTW, Preesh! is just short for 'I appreciate it.' Get it? Preesh?)