Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, before anything I want to thank you for viewing this thread. Now the thing is that nm-applet is absolutely annoying me. I want to secure my home network ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy nm-applet madness

Hey guys, before anything I want to thank you for viewing this thread. Now the thing is that nm-applet is absolutely annoying me. I want to secure my home network even more by switching to WPA-TKIP (I currently use WEP.) I am not sure why when I try to connect to the network with WPA encryption it asks me for the key, but the thing is that it doesn't give me the option for WPA (any), only WEP and LEAP (i think that's what is called.) I honestly have no idea what could be the problem, because I have connected other devices via WPA-TKIP and they work fine, so it is not the key or the router. I am using Ubu8.04 and my network card uses the RA2500 drivers. Should I be using a different network manager? (is there another one? I tried KNetworkManager, but it seems it doesn't offer WPA support) or does it have to do with the profiles. Thanks Again guys.
    Last edited by bigtomrodney; 07-17-2008 at 02:32 PM.