Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question ->Wine<- Problems

Hello guyz!

It's my first time posting here. Hey I have ubuntu installed in Innovek VirtualBox as I wanted to try this os, and I hear that Wine makes Ubuntu support all windows applications!

Now the problem is that I tried all Debian packages here WineHQ .deb packages archive and nothing works properly!

So I need help how to install Wine (or any other program like that) witch makes windows programs installable in linux. Please any suggests should be offline ways because I dunno how to connect linux on the net!

Many thanks in advance!

If you have the cdrom selected in the resopitories and having your ubuntu disk in then
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install wine

should work

Quote Originally Posted by Geeth View Post
    If you have the cdrom selected in the resopitories and having your ubuntu disk in then
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install wine

should work
    What do you mean the cd rom selected in the resopitories?
    Should I insert the ubuntu cd and then press this code (up there) while having the ".deb" package in desktop?

Gimme steps

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I type the code and a message appears like that: "couldn't find the package, but there was report of other package. The wine is somewhere else or corrupted or..."
    What to do? When I press the wine file it appears an error. May my ubuntu is corrupted?

And where the hell is repositories??? I told you I just installed linux I don't know what is that! Don't describe experienced instructions please. I just wanna install wine.