Find the answer to your Linux question:
So, I finally got ubuntu installed on my laptop and Im trying to load ndiswrapper so I can install my linksys wpc54g pcmcia wireless card. I downloaded the tar file ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Arrow Trouble installing NDISwrapper

So, I finally got ubuntu installed on my laptop and Im trying to load ndiswrapper so I can install my linksys wpc54g pcmcia wireless card.
    I downloaded the tar file and extracted it, navigated to the directory, logged in as root and typed exactly what the instructions said:
    make uninstall
    make
    make install

I get about 200 error messages including:
    loadndisdriver.c:511: error: 'LOG_CONS' undeclared (first use in this function)
    loadndisdriver.c:527 warning: implicit declaration of function 'atoi'

Its basically the same errors over and over with different numbers and file names.

What am I doing wrong? Im using ubuntu 8.04 and installing ndiswrapper 1.53. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Ubuntu already supplies a prebuilt ndiswrapper, I'd recommend using that one instead of building it. It is on the install disc. You can install it through System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager. Also you might want to install ndis-gtk which is a graphical application that will make life a little easier for you.

Just Joined!

Arrow

Thanks for the suggestion but I cannot use Synaptic because the computer cannot go online. The ethernet port does not work and I need ndiswrapper before I can go online wirelessly. Any other ideas?

You can use synaptic to install anything that's on your installation cdrom. That's why things like ndiswrapper, that you need to have up before you can go online, are put on the disk.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Just Joined!

Arrow

OK Ill try that but I am not sure how it will work. I decided to try FC8 again and even that asks for an ethernet connection when I try to install apps through the built in program.