Find the answer to your Linux question:
Adobe Flash Player has no x64 installer, and I don't know of any other flash player plugins. I just installed Ubuntu and I'm still trying to figure various things out, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing flash player on an x64 machine

Adobe Flash Player has no x64 installer, and I don't know of any other flash player plugins.

I just installed Ubuntu and I'm still trying to figure various things out, but the console told me that my architecture (x86_64) isn't supported by the installer. I've looked around on the Adobe site and x86 is the only Linux installer available.

I've installed flashplugin-nonfree with Synaptic, to no effect. Halp plox? I have absolutely no idea what to do.

Linux Newbie
    im pretty new to linux too but i want to give something back...

I managed to do this on my machine. Firefox asked me what i wanted to install when i went to youtube. I chose Adobe flash player, it has worked since then...

You can install (and have) flashplugin-nonfree and I think you need to install nspluginwrapper too to allow you to use it in a 64-bit environment.

If it is still not picked up after that you can try renaming your .mozilla directory to allow firefox to start with a fresh configuration and look for it again. Don't forget to backup your bookmarks first.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Try to do this
    Code:
    # rpm -ivh http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/adobe-release/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
    # rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux
    # mkdir -p /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
    # apt-get install nspluginwrapper.{i386,x86_64} pulseaudio-lib.i386
    # apt-get install flash-plugin
    # mozilla-plugin-config -i -g -v
    "If we lived in a world where the better technology won out, then no doubt everybody and their aunt Fanny would be using GNU/Linux"
    Sam Varghese

I found this article on linux.com. It might be helpful
    "If we lived in a world where the better technology won out, then no doubt everybody and their aunt Fanny would be using GNU/Linux"
    Sam Varghese