Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, Has anyone seen a really slow text editor load and save since intrepid release? I've installed it twice as beta and twice as stable release and all times ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Lag in Text Editor

Hi All,

Has anyone seen a really slow text editor load and save since intrepid release? I've installed it twice as beta and twice as stable release and all times has the same lag with the text editor. It goes gray and acts like it's frozen for about 5-10 seconds and then it works fine (no lag to enter characters once it loads)
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Just Joined!
    That sounds like something is I/O bound to me, actually.

You can check by firing up a terminal and installing iotop.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install iotop
    Then running iotop.
    Code:
    iotop
    Then starting the text editor while watching iotop. Does some process consume a large amount of I/O when the text editor freezes? If so, what?

I'm actually guessing that what's causing the freeze is the search indexing service, as you're trying to run text editor immediately after logging in, right?

Update right now fixed it I wasn't running it right after log in so it must have been a problem with the text editor itself but good news is that the updates I just applied fixed it and now all is good
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"