Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am still considering myself new to Ubuntu but moving alond. Here is my problem. I using Ubuntu as a Station and I have installed Server 2003 on another ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Connecting from Ubuntu to Server 2003

Hello,
    I am still considering myself new to Ubuntu but moving alond. Here is my problem.
    I using Ubuntu as a Station and I have installed Server 2003 on another computer. I am doing this at home to review some stuff for some training I am following.
    So the set up I have installed is as follow:
    A neuf (ISP in France) box on which I have a switch connected.
    on the switch I have the server 2003 and Ubuntu computer connected
    I have DNS, FTP and Terminal Server installed.
    The server has an IP address, Mask, and the Gateway...
    I can ping the server with ubuntu.
    Now I am trying to connect up from my desktop (ubuntu) to the Server. I want to do this as I have only one screen, one keyboard, one mouse. So instead of moving everything every few hours, I want to take control from the Ubuntu desktop onto the server. I hope I am explaining everything correctly.
    So I went onto Terminal Server Client on ubuntu and somehow I must not be configuring stuff correctly. I am kind of lost now after spending quite some time on it and looking throughout the internet for answer.
    Thanks to anyone who can help me with this.

Manu

Just Joined!

Win2003 Remote

Hello emanjamin2002, check to see if you have done the following on the Windows Server.

Step 1
    Windows Firewall go to :
    Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall

Now select the tab " Exceptions" and check "Remote Dektop". This will stop the firewall from blocking our connection.

Step 2
    Enable Remote Desktop :
    Start > Control Panel > System

Select the tab "Remote" and check "Remote Desktop". This step will enable Remote Desktop on the system.

Make sure to select RDPv5 on the Terminal Client Server.

Just Joined!
    Thank you.

I checked this on the server. Those steps I had already done so this is coming from somewhere else? As a note, on Ubuntu, I am on DHCP. I am mentionning this and I do not see it as a problem?? The only thing which I had not done was RDPv5 but this does not change anything. Shall I put Ubuntu on a static address to see ?

Thank you
    Emmanuel