i used to have to desktop themes and now down to one..
i had ubuntu(kubuntu), and kde
i installed this xorg program and now cannot switch users.
everytime i log out it takes me to dave@dave-desktop~$
i have to push button on comp to turn off computer.when i log in i get the above and have to enter startx everytime to get to my gnome desktop...
i ran gksudo-displayconfig-gtk and got the following...
dave@dave-desktop:~$ gksudo displayconfig-gtk

(gksudo:2339): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme file for default has no name

(gksudo:2339): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme file for default has no directories

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/displayconfiggtk/DisplayConfig.py:559: GtkWarning: Theme file for default has no directories

gtk.ICON_LOOKUP_NO_SVG)
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSon_button_test_config_clicked()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/displayconfiggtk/DisplayConfig.py", line 1038, in on_button_test_config_clicked
(res, msg) = testX(self.xsetup,"/usr/share/displayconfig-gtk/servertestdialog-gtk")
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/displayconfiggtk/displayconfigcommon.py", line 50, in testX
xsetup.writeXorgConfig(config_filename)
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/displayconfigabstraction.py", line 702, in writeXorgConfig
self._syncXorgConfig()
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/displayconfigabstraction.py", line 653, in _syncXorgConfig
gfxcard._syncXorgConfig()
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/displayconfigabstraction.py", line 1470, in _syncXorgConfig
self.screens[i]._syncXorgConfig(self.x_device[i])
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/displayconfigabstraction.py", line 2357, in _syncXorgConfig
mode_list_line.extend([ mode_list[mode_index].getName() for mode_index in mode_indexes ])
IndexError: list index out of range
also when i ran a reconfig for xorg got this message...

xserver-xorg postinst warning: overwriting possibly-customised configuration
file; backup in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.20081110193550

any hope here for me or do i uninstall everything????
someone please give me some direction
ty
hatman