Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: f-spot

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

f-spot

Hi All,
    I use fspot to get my videos off of my camera (I can use Picasa for images but not for videos). I just tried my first time doing this on intrepid and I get this error:

** (/usr/lib/f-spot/f-spot.exe:7420): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /usr/lib/f-spot/f-spot.exe could not be loaded:
    Assembly: gnome-sharp (assemblyref_index=14)
    Version: 2.20.0.0
    Public Key: 35e10195dab3c99f
    The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/usr/lib/f-spot).

** (/usr/lib/f-spot/f-spot.exe:7420): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'gnome-sharp, Version=2.20.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=35e10195dab3c99f' or one of its dependencies.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'gnome-sharp, Version=2.20.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=35e10195dab3c99f' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'gnome-sharp, Version=2.20.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=35e10195dab3c99f'

An uninstall and reinstall doesn't solve it...any suggestions? I am either hoping that I can fix f-spot or that someone has another suggestion for how to get my videos. Thanks!
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

I've only recently noticed you could do this, but although it imported the video it wasn't listed in my collection/catalogue. Have you ever done this successfully (before Intrepid)?

Yeah could do it no problem. But as you can see now I can't even open fspot, it spits out that error I posted when I try to. I'm wondering if Picasa 3 Beta is conflicting with it some how....
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close