Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
No! This is a proprietary driver, and has nothing to do with apt. You will need to compile it, in a way similar to installing the nVidia proprietary driver. At ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

No!

This is a proprietary driver, and has nothing to do with apt. You will need to compile it, in a way similar to installing the nVidia proprietary driver. At the top of the drivers download page, there is a link to installation instructions.

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...cat91-inst.pdf

To install this, you most likely need to install these packages first (using apt):

build-essential
    linux-source
    linux-headers
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    honestly i dont understand much of that. Im still getting used to linux. the reason for all these questions is that I just want to change my screen from 800x600 because everything just looks huge and nothing really fits on the screen

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan731 View Post
    honestly i dont understand much of that. Im still getting used to linux. the reason for all these questions is that I just want to change my screen from 800x600 because everything just looks huge and nothing really fits on the screen
    Then read these instructions:

Ubuntu Intrepid Installation Guide - cchtml.com

These are for Ubuntu 8.10. If you have a different version, chose the correct instructions from here:

Ubuntu - cchtml.com
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    okay so i got everything to work with the articles. the only issue that it didnt cover is the fact that my screen shifted to the left top and i cant see part of my screen, what should i do now?

edit::

I tried typing "xvidtune" to see if it would help but only got "Unable to query monitor info"

Just Joined!
    Okay so i figured it out by going to administatrtion>screen resolution and moved my screen. THanks alot everyone for all your help

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3