Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently bought a Xubuntu disk from On-Disk. I did a live boot to take a look at it but it was not to my liking. I played a game ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Xubuntu 8.04.1 disk is now blank

I recently bought a Xubuntu disk from On-Disk. I did a live boot to take a look at it but it was not to my liking. I played a game of chess and was checkmated in 6 or 7 moves.

Last night I put the disk into my computer intending to play chess but the disk is now blank. Is that standard for On-Disk to ship a one use only disk?
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

oz
    forum.guy
    I'd recommend checking it again in your file manager because it's unlikely that the data on the disk has been deleted.
    oz

Ozar, I will gladly mail the disk to you so that you can check out it's blankness for yourself.
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Do you have another computer that you can or have tested it on? I agree that this is most odd... It would require the disc be burned as a session-at-once - appendable instead of disk-at-once (or session-closed) which is standard for an image burn. Further, there'd have to be a script added to the set that would execute something like cdrdao --erase or write a small blank image on top of the old one, and even then, it would only work if you booted from a CD burner. Seems like too much trouble for an outfit pumping out probably hundreds of disks a day of largely free content (the charge is a small service and media charge).

More likely there was a hardware failure or the disc itself was defective and just waiting for the smallest scratch to fail.

It possibly might be something that my machine ( or I ) did playing chess. At any rate I intend to eventually return the disk to On-disk. I have an Ubuntu 8.04.1 disk that I was sent from Ubuntu that I hope to eventually upgrade to.
    Linux user # 414321