Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Ubunto 9.04 wireless

I downloaded Wubi Ubunto 9.04 I'm not having any luck with a wireless connection. Ran the update and installed them. How can fined out what drivers are available? My lap top has a Broadcom 4319/2060 chip set and it looks like to me Ubunto isn't seeing this. In the drop down minu for configuring the ssid, it also ask for a Mac address is this the AP MAC address that shows up for the wireles device or should it be the client MAC address? This was aquired by looking at the wireless device in windows.

Thanks

Just Joined!
    I got this working, it took awhile after the updates for the driver to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by richc View Post
    I got this working, it took awhile after the updates for the driver to show up.
    What did you do to make the driver show up?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Is this using the b43 driver or the broadcom wl driver?
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Thats correct

Just Joined!
    You know I don't know for sure what I did.. I connected to the eth connection downloaded the updated packages and Installed them. Looked in the Admin-Hardware drivers and B43 was there. Prior to that nothing would show up there.

Just Joined!
    The B43 driver

Thanks for the info.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

-->
    Just a quick sneaky post here - I was configuring my sister's laptop the other day with Jaunty. She's running a Broadcom 4311 (Dell TruWireless or whatever). Instead of the usual playing around and poorer signal out of the box, it loaded the new Broadcom driver and has the strongest signal it's ever seen...even stronger than when using ndiswrapper which had previously been the best option.

I'm really very impressed. I just have to figure out whether it's the Ubuntu team or the writers of the new wireless driver stack to thank!