Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I am eager to start working with linux on my laptop and I want to know if I can install ubuntu on my hp laptop (hp dv2911us). If ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing ubuntu in hp dv 2911us

Hi all,
    I am eager to start working with linux on my laptop and I want to know if I can install ubuntu on my hp laptop (hp dv2911us). If yes, what version of ubuntu can I use and is there a set of instructions that would help me install ubuntu on my laptop.

Thanks in advance

Vijay

Linux User
    Linux Mint works very well on it according to Linux on Laptops, so any Ubuntu variant should work. I have a dv 1000 running Mint XFCE and I'm very pleased with it. I would suggest using Xubuntu just to use the lighter desktop. Burn the Live CD and try it out without installing just to make sure everything works. The Intel wireless chip works w/o issues. I believe the other one(don't remember who makes it) is harder to get working.
    Registered Linux User #420832

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by vijayshankark View Post
    I want to know if I can install ubuntu on my hp laptop (hp dv2911us). If yes, what version of ubuntu can I use and is there a set of instructions that would help me install ubuntu on my laptop.

Thanks in advance

Vijay
    Welcome to the forums!

Other users have reported that it works fine on that notebook for them. You should be able to use pretty much any of the later releases that you wish to try. The installation routine is self-guided and self-explanatory so you shouldn't need a guide to get it installed. If you should need a guide to help with tweaking once the system has been installed you can look here:

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Main_Page

Hope you have fun with your new system.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close