Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I go through the steps on the WIne website to download everything goes great until the actual adding of Wine. I go to Add/Remove and it says it failed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thumbs down Wine HQ package is broken? huh?

When I go through the steps on the WIne website to download everything goes great until the actual adding of Wine. I go to Add/Remove and it says it failed to check for installations.
    This is a major failure of your software management system. Please check for broken packages with synaptic, check the file permissions and correctness of the file '/etc/apt/sources.list' and reload the software information with: 'sudo apt-get update' and 'sudo apt-get install -f'.
    When i follow the directions in Terminal everything seems to be going swell until it starts installing then i get some Operating System Distributor License for Java v1.1... where did that come from? and it won't let me type in anything.
    Where do I go from here? Or more so, where did I go wrong?

Linux User
    You can download wine from the Ubuntu repositories through synaptic. It is an older version, but it does work. I see that the ones on winehq are beta packages that are not guaranteed to work.
    Registered Linux User #420832