Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have a very peculiar problem. i assembled a desktop pc with a quad core cpu and intel dg35ec motherboard and installed ubuntu 9.04 x86_64 edition. in the volume control ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy sound problem

i have a very peculiar problem. i assembled a desktop pc with a quad core cpu and intel dg35ec motherboard and installed ubuntu 9.04 x86_64 edition. in the volume control applet i have master pcm front and others. there is also a headphone switch for front panel audio. when i plug in a headphone in the front jack the speakers mute like they should. thats not the problem. in the volume control panel when the headphone switch is on and master pcm and front all set to max if i play an audio file through the speakers i do not continuous sound(there are small gaps in the audio) but if i reduce pcm and front to a certain level the sound becomes normal again.
    now if i switch off the headphone switch and make master pcm anf front to max then no problems.
    i checked this with many distros like the Ubuntu 9.04 x86,Mandriva 2009.1 KDE and GNOME but all have the same problem.
    i use headphones and speakers equally. is there a way to solve the broken audio through the speakers when the headphone switch is on and volume set to max?

i think its a common problem in ubuntu.

you dont need to switch on the headphone mode. isnt it?

Just Joined!
    it is necessary to switch on the headphone mode as if it is of and i plug in a headphone then the speakers get muted but there is no sound in the headphones

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    yeah i guess it common issue in ubuntu. on my distro when I play a sound through headphone i get the sound from the master speakers and the headphone
    Dual Booting Ubuntu 10.04, Windows 7

Toshiba Satellite A200-1M5, Duo Core 2.0 Ghz, 1 Gigs RAM, 256 Intel Card

You are registered Linux user number 490788
    Happy Linuxing