Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. I recently installed apache and was trying to configure ssl with it, which should have nothing to do with the problem but, anyways. I installed apache and shut it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

apache errors and will not start up.

Hello. I recently installed apache and was trying to configure ssl with it, which should have nothing to do with the problem but, anyways. I installed apache and shut it down just to test it and make sure everything was working. Well i went to start it back up and got this error.

[sudo] password for allan:
    * Starting web server apache2 Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/www . salimane. com/] does not exist
    apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
    (9Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
    no listening sockets available, shutting down
    Unable to open logs

any ideas. I looked around for a few days and found no solution.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

What's up with the "www.salimane.com"? Your document root should just be /var/www. Then you have index.html with the actual website in it. Determining the name of the server is up to registrars and DNS servers.

Just Joined!

background

Here is the whole setup i did.

i installed apache and ssl.

I followed this tutorial to install ssl.

theindexer.wordpress.com/2009/03/04/setting-up-apache2-with-ssl-on-ubuntu-intrepid-810-using-openssl/

and in the tutorial it says salamine.

That is of course wrong. My actual host is cold-fusion.ath.cx
    Its the hostname i setup through dyndns which is also setup on my computer.
    I have the ssl key (CA) key working i just want to get it to i guess work right.

I followed the directions and before it just wouldnt load ssl right it would just give me certificate errors cause of it being self signed. Which i think you may have to pay for a real one. But anyways i was trying to figure out why it wasnt working and i followed the tutorial and edited the configuration files and even included my hostname in there. And now apache wont even start. So im not sure if i did something wrong or if there is a way to get rid of the salamine site and get my ssl working with the site i have setup.

Hope this doesnt confuse anyone.

Need any more information let me know.

Thanks