Results 11 to 13 of 13
If you don't want to upgrade to latest release then execute apt-get upgrade command instead of dist-upgrade . Let me explain whole process again. * Execute this in Terminal : ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 05-23-2009 #11
Let me explain whole process again.
* Execute this in Terminal :
cd Desktop sudo apt-get clean all sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get -qq --print-uris upgrade | cut -d\' -f 2 > urls.txt
* Open urls.txt file in Windows machine and download every package listed in it. You can use any Download Manager to automate this process.
* Copy downloaded packages to Flash Drive.
* Copy packages from Flash Drive to /var/cache/apt/archives folder of Ubuntu.
* Execute this in Terminal to install those packages :
sudo apt-get upgrade
- 05-23-2009 #12
devils casper just one question, I saw the man for apt-get and it said that I have to use --print-uris with -qq but didn't see why print-uris is used, so can u describe it to me???Dual Booting Ubuntu 10.04, Windows 7
Toshiba Satellite A200-1M5, Duo Core 2.0 Ghz, 1 Gigs RAM, 256 Intel Card
You are registered Linux user number 490788
- 05-25-2009 #13
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
thank you for your informational and helpful reply