Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Help with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card

I have an Inspiron 9400 laptop with a 32 bit system, 2 GB RAM, and a Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card. I just purchased a new 80 GB hardrive and installed Ubuntu 8.04 on it. Everything went great until I tried to connect to my DSL through a Netgear router. I have no internet with the Ubuntu.
    I tried a suggestion I read on another site, as follows:

Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card Not Working
    ndiswrapper -m
    ndiswrapper -ma
    ndiswrapper -mi

And it all worked for me. To unistall the drivers i would do a
    ndiswrappper -r bcmwl5

It took me a while to be able to execute ndiswrapper because my system couldn't find the command. I had to search the install disk until I found it and change to that directory to execute. Then I had all kind of problems trying to install the ndiswrapper-common files. After that I got error messages because I didn't have the tools installed.
    Does anyone have a solution that might not require me to be one of the Linux developers to actually get it done. Remember, I don't have internet.

Thank you very much if you can solve this problem.

the wireless card is usb?
    if yes ndiswrapper won't always works with it, it is well defined but it get stucked and if you feel the chip u will find it strangely hot.
    Dual Booting Ubuntu 10.04, Windows 7

Toshiba Satellite A200-1M5, Duo Core 2.0 Ghz, 1 Gigs RAM, 256 Intel Card

You are registered Linux user number 490788
    Happy Linuxing

Please follow this link and post the requested information.

I think this card might work with the b43 drivers, though you'll need the firmware. There's also a driver released by broadcom that may work with it. Either way, we need to know more about the card.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    No the wireless is built-in.

There is also a Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller.

We still the the info requested in the link I posted, especially the output of lspci and lsmod

I'm sorry. I don't know what to do. I tried to send all the information, which is quite lengthy, and got a message about too many icons. I found where they were and had to enter a space in the output to prevent the happy-faces. Then I tried to send again and got an error message that said I wasn't allowed to post URL's. I was just trying to post a "quick reply" so I don't know what that means.

Either pipe the info into a text file as described in the link (lspci > text.txt) and attach it, or enclose the output in code tags.

I also tried to sent the output as an attachment, but it is 96 kb and the site only allows 19.6 kb.

I also tried to enclose it in code tags. That was when I got the URL msg. I will try to break it up into smaller sections and send it in pieces.