Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been using Ubuntu for a while. I have never paid heed to sound issues but I feel it is a necessity. When I wake Kubuntu from Hibernation, I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Sound Issues

I have been using Ubuntu for a while. I have never paid heed to sound issues but I feel it is a necessity. When I wake Kubuntu from Hibernation, I will not be able to play multimedia files until a reboot, while system sounds would still be there. When I terminate a running song application, there will be the same error (XINE cannot initialize any audio drivers). After some time, I will be able to play files. In Ubuntu, sometimes, the entire soundcard does not work until 3 or reboots. I am using the snd-cs4236 module. I know this is not a hardware problem because I face similar problems on a laptop (Compaq Armada E500). Both my computers are outdated to no less than 10 years. But if that was the case, Windows would have complained too! And to the best of my knowledge, Linux runs on old hardware!
    "When you have nothing to say, say nothing."

Just Joined!
    It happens with some distro but it never happens with the vanilla kernel sound drivers.