Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a newbee. I have a dual boot system Vista/Ubuntu. The problem is that while I can search on the internet just fine, any exchange through webmail systems no ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Ubuntu 9.04 internet issues

I am a newbee. I have a dual boot system Vista/Ubuntu. The problem is that while I can search on the internet just fine, any exchange through webmail systems no longer works, blank pages are loaded, it takes a loooong time, and doesn't load correctly, if at all. I cannot even send or receive (using Vista at the moment). I have also had issues with unsteady behavior using 9.04 when viewing a video. The screen jumps, the video breaks up and screws up the GUI desktop. This problem occurs under both Gnome and KDE environments. When I used Vista and accessed same these sites, everything works fine (like it used to under linux). Thus, I think I might have done something unwittingly, or something has infected the Kernel? I do not know how to check and see what is going on, I don't see any sort of error code. I have upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04 > 8.1 > 9.04. The only thing I think could be a possibility is that I was configuring Firestarter but this trouble happens when it is not activated.
    Last edited by iRobot; 05-24-2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Grammer

Just Joined!
    Ubunto 9.04 Internet Problems

Just Joined!

Smile Found the problem with e-mail interaction,

It was a setting in Firestarter Preferences, I did not set the "server" in the ToS Filtering. Now it works fine, I will have to check the streaming video stability issue.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close