Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Ok, I downloaded PLayOnLinux, uninstalled it, but it left some WINE stuff still on my computer. Can't get rid of it......
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trouble Uninstalling WINE

Ok, I downloaded PLayOnLinux, uninstalled it, but it left some WINE stuff still on my computer. Can't get rid of it...

PlayOnLinux will install every thing under .PlayOnLinux,
    after uninstallting PlayOnLinux from package manager.
    you can delete this /home/user/.PlayOnLinux folder, if its not deleted.
    Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed

Just Joined!
    Iam not sure, but look at these folders :

/home/xxx/.wine

or in root use

/root/.wine

maybe u have to kill them too...only if they are there

Never ever run wine as root X_X, so there should not be .wine in /root.
    Never make any misteaks.

sudo apt-get remove wine

that doesn't work?
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Quote Originally Posted by jmadero View Post
    sudo apt-get remove wine

that doesn't work?
    That would remove the whole Wine, wine binaries too, Its not necessary to remove wine to use PlayOnLinux
    Never make any misteaks.

The other thing is are you sure that its the actual file or is it just an icon? I know that when I uninstall things I have to right click applications and manually remove the item from the list despite it being uninstalled
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Just Joined!
    Yes, Never run Root ?!

Sorry i use Linux since 2000 Only in Root Mode, never had any problems...never...

On my University all Notebooks ship with linux...the most useres hate sudos etc...
    My Computer, My decision what to do, where to write, what to edit...

Its Ubuntuuser Problems, they hate root users "they kick the system behind the sudo . admin etc."
    Year 2009, and using a console for editing system files, like in 2000 when X Desktop was a grey spot...

Nevertheless, good for multiuser Pcs...But iam the Administrator, and the whoe HDD is MINE, HAHAHAHA
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Problem, i know what hes talking about... Ive installed Catia...it Crahed... removed ALL about wine, everything...but the registry never was deleted etc. dont know where wine is writing all is files in... ?!

Quote Originally Posted by starfly View Post
    Yes, Never run Root ?!

Sorry i use Linux since 2000 Only in Root Mode, never had any problems...never...

On my University all Notebooks ship with linux...the most useres hate sudos etc...
    My Computer, My decision what to do, where to write, what to edit...

Its Ubuntuuser Problems, they hate root users "they kick the system behind the sudo . admin etc."
    Year 2009, and using a console for editing system files, like in 2000 when X Desktop was a grey spot...

Nevertheless, good for multiuser Pcs...But iam the Administrator, and the whoe HDD is MINE, HAHAHAHA
    O Rly?
    Then why do you even use Ubuntu, which is a potentially desktop distro, use LFS and get your own solution, then you don't have to blame Ubuntu developers
    Never make any misteaks.

Just Joined!
    I Like it easy and userfrindly...

But sorry, a pc where i cant use everything simply by a click...its not my intention of a simple system...

Blaming ?! guy...come down..next linux fanatic " Linux is free " so let me be free in using my desktop for what i want... if i want a system which is restriceted everywhere in every point, i might use windows after 10 years again... advantage : it isnt nerving myself with shell prompts etc

no, to stay serious : i have set up my whole family to linux, and its really an migration problem with this "only stay in ur home folder"...or getting a call, this or that isnt working, to tell them : go in cosole and type "sudo bla bla bla..."

Sorry thats not my kinf of work with a computer... like mentioned before... ive never had problems with root, and using ubuntu since version 5.XX

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast