Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am looking for a way to id my hardware or add the drivers to do so i have a built in camera and only one program can find it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ubuntu hardware gateway nv52 laptop

i am looking for a way to id my hardware or add the drivers to do so i have a built in camera and only one program can find it also i have an hdmi port id like to use is there a plugin or area that i can adrress my hardware in ubuntu i cant seem to find a hardware profile area.

Stuff plugged into the MB can be identified (including what kernel module is driving it) by typing in a terminal

lspci -nnk

USB/FW hardware can be identified with

lsusb

... if you need excruciating detail for your USB stuff

sudo lsusb -v

Just Joined!
    the camera is not usb its built into the moniter if had had to guess its hard wired to some port on the motherboard

Is this a laptop? Even a built-in camera is usually hardwired through a USB or FireWire chipset to simplify driver writing. The commands I gave you above will list all the hardware that plugs in (or goes through such an interface chipset); even unknown hardware will be listed as such with a vendor ID you can use to find out exactly what it is and what you'd need to make it work.