Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recenly purchased a Belkin N150 Enhanced Wireless Router (catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=492429) from one of my local stores. I would like to use it on my desktop that runs Ubuntu Koala. Can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Belkin and Ubuntu Linux

I recenly purchased a Belkin N150 Enhanced Wireless Router (catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=492429) from one of my local stores. I would like to use it on my desktop that runs Ubuntu Koala. Can I use this wireless router in Ubuntu? Has anyone have any experiences with this router and Linux? The box says Windows and Mac OSX compatible but, the real question is it Ubuntu compatible?

If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

Isn't this rt2870 in the adapter?
    The OP is however referring to a router. I am not familiar with this router but IMO as long as you have the routers IP (usually can be found in the manual) you can access it through your webbrowser and configure it.
    Charles
    ASUS EEE Box B202, Atom 270 1,6GHz, 1 GB, HDD 80GB, XP-SP3 / PinguyOS
    Asus EEE PC 901 with Bodhi-Linux

Yes, there is no reason for any router not to work with linux. Your linux box is in no way running the router. The router has its own software running it (which actually happens to be linux based, often). All your computer needs to do is be able to communicate with the router through standard protocols, ie, TCP/IP.

I don't think you can find an OS without networking protocols included anymore.

There are not usualy any problems with connecting to a router in Linux. First connect using an ethernet cable and using your browser type in the address of the router (printed in the documents) Use the default user name/password to access the setup pages. The layout of the pages differ from router to router, but you shoulkd be able to see the page that asks for and stores your internet suppliers password and user name. Once you have that, look for the page for wireless setup. The setup cd is not needed, it's just MS Junk.
    The world is run by educated idiots - you can't argue with idiots, they have had years of practice.