Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I started using Kubuntu 9.10 about three days ago. I want to get images from my digital camera, a Kodak M 1063. First, I tried the suggestion of simply ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question [SOLVED] Digital Camera

Hi,

I started using Kubuntu 9.10 about three days ago. I want to get images from my digital camera, a Kodak M 1063. First, I tried the suggestion of simply connecting it to the USB port to see if any program could recognize it, but nothing happened. Next, I installed libphoto2-2.4.8 from the repository using the kpackage kit. I can see the program icon inside the Gwenview application, but I can't run it. Then, someone in this forum suggested I install gtkam, which I did using the Konsole. I can locate the program inside the graphics menu, and it recognized my camera (connected to the usb port), but still can't get images from it and it doesn't have a help feature. I just don understand how this program gtkam works. Any help will be appreciated. I'm already very happy with all the support I have been given in this forum.

Chapter*2.*Quick start

Also there is a man page. In a terminal do
    Code:
    man gtkam
    But it shouldn't be any more complicated that going to File->Save Photos

You might also want to try digikam.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install digikam
    Documentation | digiKam - Photo Management Program

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Does this camera have a storage card (SD, CD, or similar)? If so, then the card should be mountable on your system, though you might need a USB card reader. If not, then as mentioned, digikam is a reasonable option, and should interface with your camera ok.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    You could also install and try showFoto
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install showfoto
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.