Find the answer to your Linux question:
aMSN help needed - permission question I have just installed aMSN on Crunchbang (9.04). It appears to work after rebooting but, a couple of questions remain. I tried to register ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

aMSN problem

aMSN help needed - permission question
    I have just installed aMSN on Crunchbang (9.04). It appears to work after rebooting but, a couple of questions remain. I tried to register on the aMSN forum but, every time I click 'submit' I get kicked back to the beginning with no explanation.

Anyways, one of my questions is - why, when I try to add a contact, I can enter the email address and apparently add them to my Buddies Group but, when I click Next the window closes with no indication of anything having been done and the contact is not added.

The other question is about permissions within the program - when I go into Account/Preferences/Others and try to ensure the Video and Audio settings work for Webcam conversations, I get past the Video section to Audio but, when I try to play a file or record a file, a message appears under where the 'play and 'record' buttons are that says something about me not having permission to play the file, etc. It doesn't fully appear and does not stay long enough for me to completely read it by scrolling down. What can I do?

I can use Skype without problem but, other buddies are using MSN or aMSN on Windows. I can use aMSN on Windows without problem.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Anyways, one of my questions is - why, when I try to add a contact, I can enter the email address and apparently add them to my Buddies Group but, when I click Next the window closes with no indication of anything having been done and the contact is not added.
    lately, the newly added contacts do not appear until they authorized you.
    i've started using pidgin again

Thanks for your input Leppie... can you use video in Pidgin?

you're welcome.

there's a plugin to configure sound and video, so i suppose it's possible.
    haven't tried it myself though.

another alternative would be emesene (also in the repos).

Just Joined!

amsn

You can also use emesene