Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, just install linux mint 9 and it's working great except some problems with settings. but first I would like to fix my sound problems. Before that I'll give you ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

No sounds on rear audio!!!

Hi, just install linux mint 9 and it's working great except some problems with settings. but first I would like to fix my sound problems.
    Before that I'll give you the specs of my pc:
    AMD athlon sempron
    Gigabyte K8NS Pro
    3 Gb of Ram
    Nvidia FX5200

When I checked on alsactl init, the Card is a NVIDIA CK8S and the chip is Realtek ALC850 rev 0. Well from the title itself, I hear no sound on my rear output, but if I can hear clearly when I connect it on the front panel. So it means no problem at all with the sound, I just don't know where to go or change the settings in order for the rear audio will work.

If this is already answered or solved, just give a me link and I'll try to read it.

thanks a lot in advance.

I've never used any buntu based linuxes, but in fedora (gnome anyway) you change your output by right clicking the sound icon and clicking settings, going to the hardware tab, and choosing whichever one is right (or keep moving it until you hear sounds )
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4